JOIN US for Colorado’s original ¾ half marathon!
6th Annual Run Wild | Sunday, August 27, 2017 | Elk Ridge Park, Castle Pines, CO
The 9-mile course is perfect for the racer who has outgrown the standard 10K but isn’t quite ready for the full 13.1-mile half marathon.
The 4-mile course is a nice way to begin to build up your endurance from the standard 5K on your way to that 10K race.
The 1K Color Me Wild run provides an opportunity for people of all ages to enjoy a unique experience that is focused less on speed or athleticism and more on fun with family and friends. Run through Elk Ridge Park in your favorite (or least favorite) white shirt and volunteers will douse you in a variety of color (safe, biodegradable). Proceeds from this race will go to Y.E.S.S. (Youth Education and Safety in Schools).
RACE DAY SCHEDULE (2017)
- 7:30am - Registration OPEN
- 8:30am - 9-mile race begins
- 8:40am - 4-mile race begins
- 9:20am - First runners finish
- 10:15am - Color Me Wild event begins
Pricing Per person
- 9-Mile Race: $35; $45 starting August 1
- 4-Mile Race: $25; $35 starting August 1
- 1k Color Me Wild Run: $15
Race Day Details
- Race Day Registration: If you have additional family/friends who want to participate, they can register on race day starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Parking: Limited parking is available at American Academy. Overflow parking is in the field across from the park.
- Restrooms are available at Elk Ridge Park. Portapotties are available in the parking lot
- After Race Activities: Bouncy house, playground, sponsor expo, and Beer Garden (ID required), and more!
Run Wild will take place in Elk Ridge Park, 7005 Mira Vista Lane, Castle Pines, CO - off of Lagae Road, south of Castle Pines Parkway. This award-winning park features: playground, climbing wall, water play fountain, walking trails, maze, picnic pavilions, multi-purpose synthetic turf field, art and fun educational features to learn about the early history of Colorado.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I run with my dog?
Is your dog well-behaved? And do you promise to keep him/her on a leash? Then sure, bring your pup along.
Can I run with a stroller?
Sure! Be aware that some of the course includes dirt trails and roads. While the course is well-maintained, you'll want to make sure your stroller is sturdy enough for some off roading.
Is the course hilly?
Yes. Both the 4-mile and the 9-mile courses are hilly. You'll definitely feel your legs when you're done!